1. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park: This picturesque national park is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, offering a wealth of opportunities for hiking, camping, and fishing amongst its stunning natural beauty.
2. Nashville: This charming city is renowned as the “Music City,” offering visitors a delightful range of live music performances, museums, and historic landmarks to explore.
3. Memphis: This lively city is best known as the “Home of the Blues,” and offers a fantastic collection of live music shows, museums, and historic sites that are sure to impress.
4. Dolly Parton’s Dollywood: This whimsical theme park is a family favorite, filled with a variety of rides and attractions that are sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face.
5. The Memphis Zoo: This enchanting zoo boasts a diverse collection of exhibits, making it a top choice for families seeking a fun and educational day out.
6. The Nashville Zoo: This charming zoo is packed with a delightful collection of exhibits, perfect for families in search of a fun-filled day of discovery.
7. Graceland: This iconic landmark, the former home of the legendary Elvis Presley, is a must-visit for fans of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll.
8. The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum: This fascinating museum offers a glimpse into the rich history of country music, tracing the genre’s evolution and showcasing the stars that have made it so beloved.
9. The Memphis Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum: This intriguing museum delves into the history of rock and soul music, providing an insightful look at the sounds and styles that have captured the hearts of generations.
10. The Tennessee Titans: This professional American football team is an absolute must-see for all sports enthusiasts.
11. The Nashville Predators: For ice hockey fans, this professional team offers an unforgettable experience.
12. The Memphis Grizzlies: A fantastic opportunity for basketball fans to witness top-notch professional play.
13. The University of Tennessee: This esteemed public university, located in the charming city of Knoxville, offers a wealth of undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
14. Vanderbilt University: A private educational institution located in the bustling city of Nashville, Vanderbilt provides an extensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
15. The University of Memphis: A public university located in the cultural hub of Memphis, with a broad range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
16. Tennessee State University: This highly-regarded public university, situated in Nashville, offers an array of undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
17. The Nashville Symphony: An accomplished professional orchestra, offering an impressive range of musical performances throughout the year.
18. The Memphis Symphony Orchestra: This professional orchestral ensemble, also offers a wealth of musical performances for all to enjoy.
19. The Ryman Auditorium: This venerable musical venue is affectionately known as the “Mother Church of Country Music” and boasts an impressive calendar of live musical performances.
20. The Memphis Orpheum Theatre: This historic stage is a hub of musical, theatrical, and dance productions, which are sure to leave you tapping your toes and humming along.
21. The Jack Daniel’s Distillery: This iconic distillery offers guided tours and tastings of their world-renowned Tennessee whiskey, which has been known to make even the stiffest of upper lips quiver.
22. The Tennessee Aquarium: This aquatic wonderland is a must-visit for marine life enthusiasts, and is sure to have you marveling at the sheer diversity of the underwater world.
23. The Chattanooga Choo Choo: This bygone railway station is now a bustling hub of activity, with train rides, shopping, and dining aplenty for all you rail enthusiasts out there.
24. The Belle Meade Plantation: This historic homestead offers a fascinating window into the Antebellum South, and is sure to leave you with a newfound appreciation for the genteel life of yesteryear.
25. The Andrew Johnson National Historic Site: This venerated location provides an insightful look into the life of the 17th President of the United States, and is sure to leave you with a newfound respect for the workings of the American political system.
26. The Shiloh National Military Park: This hallowed battlefield offers a captivating glimpse into the Civil War, and is sure to leave you with a newfound appreciation for the sacrifices made by those who fought for their country.
27. The Pigeon Forge: This popular holiday destination is a veritable cornucopia of activities, with shopping, dining, and entertainment aplenty for all you merrymakers out there.
28. Gatlinburg: This charming holiday destination is a haven for adventure-seekers, with a plethora of activities including hiking, skiing, and fishing.
29. Tennessee Valley Railroad: This nostalgic train service offers delightful rides and exciting activities such as sumptuous dinner trains and picturesque excursions.
30. Tennessee Repertory Theatre: This professional thespian company offers a rich selection of plays and musicals, bound to leave you thoroughly entertained.
31. Tennessee Shakespeare Company: This esteemed theatrical troupe brings to life the timeless works of The Bard with a variety of Shakespearean productions.
32. Tennessee Performing Arts Center: This premier venue for the performing arts boasts a diverse array of live music, theater, and dance performances, sure to delight and inspire.
33. Memphis Botanic Garden: This lush botanical garden is a must-visit for all gardening aficionados, displaying a range of horticultural delights.
34. Nashville Botanical Garden: This verdant botanical garden is a treat for the eyes, with a plethora of horticultural displays that will have you green with envy.
35. Sun Studio: This historic recording studio, hailed as the “birthplace of rock and roll,” offers tours and lively music performances that are sure to have you rockin’ and rollin’.
36. Beale Street: This historic avenue, known as the “Home of the Blues,” offers a lively atmosphere, with a smorgasbord of live music performances and dining options that are music to your ears and taste buds.
37. Memphis Pyramid: This impressive edifice offers a smorgasbord of activities, from a plush hotel and scenic observation deck to a versatile event space.
38. The Nashville Parthenon: This faithful replication of the ancient Greek temple boasts a bounty of activities, including breathtaking art exhibitions and guided tours.
39. The Tennessee Museum of Aviation: This fascinating museum offers a cornucopia of exhibits and experiences, all centered around the exciting history of aviation.
40. The Tennessee Museum of Natural History: This intriguing museum showcases a wealth of exhibits and activities related to the lush natural history of the state.
41. The Tennessee Museum of National History: This comprehensive museum presents a diverse range of exhibits and activities related to the proud national history of the state.
42. The Tennessee Museum of History: This enlightening museum showcases a rich tapestry of exhibits and experiences, all dedicated to the compelling history of the state.
43. The Tennessee Museum of Science and Technology: This cutting-edge museum offers a plethora of exhibits and activities related to the ever-evolving world of science and technology.
44. The Tennessee Museum of Art: This inspiring museum showcases a kaleidoscope of exhibits and activities, all dedicated to the magnificent world of art.
45. The Tennessee Museum of Women’s History: This empowering museum presents a spectrum of exhibits and activities, all centered around the captivating history of women in the state.
46. The Tennessee Museum of American History: This esteemed institution offers a wealth of exhibits and interactive experiences dedicated to chronicling the rich and diverse history of the state of Tennessee. From the earliest settlers to the pivotal events of the American Revolution and beyond, this museum is a veritable treasure trove of knowledge for those with a passion for the past.
47. The Tennessee Museum of Natural History and Science: For visitors with a fascination for the natural world, this museum is a must-visit. With a range of exhibits exploring the geology, biology, and ecology of the state, visitors will leave with a deeper appreciation for the incredible diversity of life in Tennessee.
48. The Tennessee Museum of Military History: This impressive museum pays homage to the brave men and women who have served their country, with a particular focus on the contributions made by those from Tennessee. From the Civil War to modern times, the museum offers an engaging and educational experience for visitors of all ages.
49. The Tennessee Museum of Agriculture: This fascinating museum provides a window into the rich agricultural heritage of the state, from the earliest settlers who cleared the land to today’s high-tech farming operations. Whether you’re a farmer, a foodie, or simply a lover of all things rural, this museum is a must-see.
50. The Tennessee Museum of Folklife: This charming museum celebrates the cultural heritage of the state, showcasing the rich tapestry of traditions, customs, and beliefs that have been passed down through the generations. From music and dance to cuisine and folk art, visitors will leave with a deeper understanding of what makes Tennessee such a unique and special place.
51. The Tennessee Museum of Transportation: This engaging museum showcases the remarkable history of transportation in Tennessee, from the early days of horse-drawn wagons to the sleek and speedy cars and airplanes of today. For those with an interest in engineering, design, and the mechanics of motion, this museum is an absolute delight.